Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Men's Health Miracle Run


It's 6:20 and the race has not started. My only concern was that if it will start late, the Sun might get too high before we reach the finish line. Thank God UP's got a lot of trees aside from the fact that the Sun was a bit bleary that nice sunday morne.
If not for the late start & lack of dinking cups, it would have been a pretty good race. Nevertheless, It was great to run for a good cause. The race was for the benefit of Tahanang Walang Hagdan.
Good for me because I think I did a sub-60(yet to be confirmed as soon as the official results are out). It was my target. Definitely a PR. 'Tis my first 10K...haha :).
I hope to do well next time though. I think I underestimated the distance after finishing the Condura Half Mary. I started out a bit faster than I'm supposed to. I got very excited which is the reason why I began to feel exhausted after reaching the 5km mark. I was struggling althroughout the last 5 kilometers. My legs started to feel pain an I began to breathe heavily. As soon as the finish line was on sight, I tried to run faster but because I started to hallucinate :), it felt as if I am not getting anywhere near the mark. I seemed to have remained where I'm at :). The next thing I remember was when someone ripped-off the barcode thingy from my bib and that's it!-- :)













Photographs by :
Argonaut
The Photorunner
The Sweeper

No comments:

Post a Comment