Friday, September 11, 2009

Kilograms to Kilometers - Men's Health Philippines Sept. 2009 Issue

My Unceasing Journey to Solstice
Vol. I - The "Lean" Revelation


Chapter III of IV
Kilograms to Kilometers




First was at the 2008 Takbo.ph yearbook, and now this...I could not ask for more. I must admit, I'm proud [not just of getting my photos (yes, including the "before" LOL) published, although I find it rather exciting..haha) to realize that everything I went through finally paid off. :D
As much as I want to put the entire article here, I don't think it's proper, I mean.... that's what having it printed in a magazine is all about. :) Anyway, here are a couple of quotes from the article (wait...does it even make sense to "quote" myself ?.... hahaha) .


"From walking to running, Viray also started pacing his intervals. He gave up an active nightlife(?..thought I said "night/evening job..anyway...) just to run in the morning with regular joggers in his neighborhood. He also adjusted his diet, shunning pigging out except on Sundays - his cheat day."

"Viray's love for running has transcended the pavement, eventually leading him to Takbo.ph, an online community of runners."

I'm glad it was my fellow runner and good friend Migs Castro who did the photographs. I'm not used to that thing :D,,, and man!!! the shoot was in UP, around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I saw a lot of runners doing their thing, which I think is quite a usual sight at that time of the day. I almost freaked out, making me wanna stay inside the car haha.

http://tbcandy.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-it-all-beganloosing-90-lbs-vol-i.html
To download/view Takbo.ph 2008 Yearbook visit
www.takbo.ph

7 comments:

  1. Hey sikat ka ni Mr. Viray. Pa-autograph. Sikat na rin photographer mo na si Migs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRO, you truly deserve this one :) APIR!

    balang araw, pag pumayat ako, ako din mag gaganyan! wahehehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. rico : nakikisakay lang ako sa kasikatan ni Migs :D

    Tim : Thanks man! pero ang alam ko isa ka sa salarin a ...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rico : nakikisakay lang ako sa kasikatan ni Migs :D

    Tim : Thanks man! pero ang alam ko isa ka sa salarin kung bakit ako nalagay dun a...haha--at hindi ka pa ba payat ng lagay na yan,,,mas payat ka na nga ata sakin e :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave! You the man! :P Weight loss icon! Magpakita ka naman! :) Ganyan na ba pag celeb ngayon? LOl :)Btw, email me naman your number bro, I need to ask you about something :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Idol ka talaga Dave! Keep it up baka sa susunod Star Circle ka na :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. denz : Thanks man! ...ang pagkakatanda ko batch 1 ako...sa falling star circle.....hahaha

    ReplyDelete