Saturday, March 21, 2009

00:12:00



As I write this article, It's exactly 12 hours before the gunshot fires signifying the start of The Condura Skyway Run.

March 8, 2009 marked the beginning of my short yet fervent preparation for my first half marathon (21K).
Running with my fellow Takbo.ph members made me realize that nothing is difficult when you do it together, sharing the same passion and drive.
More than preparing for this race physically, It is my mind and spirit that I had been focusing on. For once, something that I knew will cause me some pain, not to mention the extreme heat and several uphills, really excites me. That is certainly enough to assure myself that I will get my very first Half Marathon Finisher's Medal.

Tomorrow, as I cross the finish line, signifies the start of my
journey towards the solstice of my physical ability driven by my mind and spirit, directing myself towards wellness and a more balanced lifestyle.

"Mind is everything: muscle, pieces of rubber.
All that I am, I am because of my mind
."
---Paavo Nurmi

I will also be engaging myself in several changes in the months to come, from my career to my hobbies, recreation, and the like. If there's one thing that will remain, it's my family. I've always had the best one...
It's not that I hate my life...I have a good one...It's just that I want something better. I know it's going to be hard, I mean wanting more considering the fact that I already have a satisfying one. It is just like wanting a diamond after having gold, or maybe an airplane after having a car. :)

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”
------John D. Rockefeller

1 comment:

  1. what biggest fan? i'm your only fan!!! not to mention...sponsor. hehe! you need to get more sponsors to get more fans...and when you get more fans, you get better sponsors! Alas, it never ends....che!!!---anonymous sis

    ReplyDelete