Monday, April 6, 2009

in the AYER!!! Airspeed Runs for a Cause




It was my first race in MOA and I must say that it's a nice track specially for those who want nothing but a nice smooth run minus the challenge of uphills and breathtaking views.


The race started on time which is a good thing, except for me who arrived at the venue quite late :). I had to excuse myself to get to the starting line because the 5k runners are already in position. I am to run 10k :). When I reached the front, I was a bit hesitant to start running because I was embarrassed to take on the spotlight of shame for coming in late, having to run all by myself with the entire mob of 5k runners behind me, but what the heck, I've got a lot of catching up to do and so I ran...minus the gunshot.
The track was not that tough so I managed to run faster. I had to stop for a few sec at every turn to ask the marshals for directions because I was all alone, looking like a lost ant lacking of Pheromones wondering where the rest of the gang may have turned.

After the first loop, I was able to catch up with the tail of the pack and was relived that I am finally running amongst those wearing the same bib color as mine :).


I reached the finish line at 1:07:09 (not a 10k PR for me, ofcourse!), my official time after having to start just two minutes before the gunshot fired for the 5k runners.
Overall, the race was well organized, as expected of a "Rio Race", and fun (specially the "Taho" session after the run with "Takbo" peeps).










Original Photographs by Argonaut, Luis "Gingerbreadman", Karlo (http://karlosports.wordpress.com/ ) & Edufabian.

No comments:

Post a Comment